[rules-users] process-designer deserialization error

melc c_melas at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 08:23:33 EDT 2010

I also get this error when creating a bpmn process in eclipse (galileo) and
trying to open/view it  in guvnor, having it committed first.

I'm using jboss-5.1.0.GA and drools version 5.1 . The application server is
running on port 8080 (default configuration). I'm not using any rdbms only
what
comes bundled (h2 embedded db ) with drools.  For oryx designer i'm using
designer.war Revision 35836: /labs/jbossrules/contrib/designer as downloaded
from url,
http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/labs/labs/jbossrules/contrib/designer/
as specified in,
http://blog.athico.com/2010/09/bpmn2-authoring-in-drools-guvnor.html

The only way I have managed to view and edit a bpmn model inside guvnor by
using
the oryx designer and also being able to open for view and editing in
eclipse
with commits and updates back and forth with guvnor and everything to work
fine
is by,
1. creating a model from scratch in oryx designer (
http://localhost:8080/designer/editor ), preferably just a start and end
point and maybe also a single task between them (start and end only works
fine).
2. download the model from the option of oryx designer "Download BPMN 2.0 DI
XML"
3. import in eclipse from filesystem
4. add/change stuff and add to guvnor

Afterwards everything works fine whether edited and committed from guvnor
and
viewed in eclipse or edited and committed from eclipse and viewed in guvnor.

By comparing the bpmn xml files created from oryx and from eclipse there
seem to
be differences that actually cause this error, since they stop occurring if
using the same syntax.
I'm still trying to find which different part actually casuses this, when i
find
it i will post it.

Sorry for the long text, any help will be greatly appreciated!!
Thank you.

p.s. just to make things more annoying I would like to mention that when
adding from eclipse
to a bpmn model that "works" a Rule Task element and then close the bpmn
model tab
in eclipse and reopen it a strange error appears, which occurs because of a
strange prefix 'g' character inserted in the xml of the bpmn. If it is
removed from the xml
everything works fine.... I suppose everything has to do with the different
xml
schemas, namespaces and tags used in the xml bpmn.. . .

p.s.2 another post already exists maybe they should be merged or delete one
of them. Sorry for posting in both but don't know which one works....