[rules-users] Constants and BigDecimals

Evert Penninckx evert.penninckx at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 09:09:05 EDT 2010

Wolfgang Laun-2 wrote:

> Another way of getting named constants would be through one fact (or a few
> facts)
> containing the values as members. Then you could write
>    SaleParams( $ma : maxAmound )
>    $sale : Sale( amount > $ma )

I think this is where I'm going to eventually. These kind of constants are
meant to be managed by business users. Probably I'll make drools calls some
parameter "service" using "from". Or, as you say, require the clients of the
drools session to always pass all the business parameters to the drools
session as a fact.

Evert

PS: Still a bit sad about limited BigDecimal support in drools.  ;-)