[rules-users] Constants and BigDecimals

Evert Penninckx evert.penninckx at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 09:57:06 EDT 2010

Evert Penninckx wrote:

> 2. If not, is it possible to use mvel's BigDecimal support?  Because
> amount > 300.00B says a lot more than eval(amount.compareTo(new
> BigDecimal("300.00")) > 0).

For the record. I found out that when using mvel as dialect, you can use the
mvel2 BigDecimal operators and literals inside an inline eval.

This means thatSale(eval(amount.compareTo(new BigDecimal("300.00")) > 0)).
can be rewritten as Sale(eval(amount > 300.00B)) which is already much more
readable.

-E