[rules-users] Can Guvnor's repository functionality be exposed as a web service? [was: Drools API]

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 13:00:00 EDT 2010

[I'm re-posting this as a new thread with an apt subject on behalf of Patricia]

This is the scenario that I am looking for:
I am using Drools Guvnor as the central rule repository. I also have
an external application, that has a custom rule editor in place, and
users can create rules. This custom rule editor will take care of
Conditional Elements and Consequence actions. I would like to be able
to save the rule back in Guvnor, as that is the rule repository.

In the docs, there says that Guvnor has 2 parts: front-end and
backend. The backend includes the repository access as well. My
question is if the Guvnor backend exposes the repository functionality
as web service, or if it can be easily exposed.

Thanks,
Patricia