[rules-users] Can Guvnor's repository functionality be exposed as a web service? [was: Drools API]

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 15:42:32 EDT 2010

I know of the following (but not used) which might help point you in the
right direction.

There is org.drools.guvnor.server.GuvnorAPIServlet (drools-guvnor) which
provides a narrow API for dealing with repository artifacts. There is also a
narrow REST-ful API in org.drools.repository.remoteapi.RestAPI
(drools-repository, which is the backend to which you refer). Class
org.drools.guvnor.server.RepositoryServiceServlet is the "meat" of Guvnors
actions but it is tightly coupled to GWT and hence less useful as a generic
external service. Unfortunately I doubt any will be entirely useful for your
use-case without extensive enhancement. If you do end up creating a generic
web-service exposing RepositoryService please consider giving back to the
community.