[rules-users] Adding a programmatically created RuleFlowProcess to a KnowledgeBuilder

Diego López León dieguitoll at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 10:43:28 EDT 2010

Jason,
once you have your RuleFlowProcess instance you can add it directly
into the KnowledgeBase as follows:

        RuleFlowProcess process = new RuleFlowProcess();
        // ruleflow definition
        KnowledgeBase kbase = KnowledgeBaseFactory.newKnowledgeBase();
        ((AbstractRuleBase) ((InternalKnowledgeBase)
kbase).getRuleBase()).addProcess(process);

        StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession = kbase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession();

Hope it helps.

Best.

2010/10/21 Jason van Zyl <jason at maven.org>:
> Hi,
> I have been following the documentation to create a RuleFlowProcess, and I
> went the route of creating the flow programmatically, but I can't find an
> example of adding this process to the knowledge builder. It seems to want an
> external resource of a given type. In my little code scenario below how
> would I add this programmatically created RuleFlowProcess?
>         DefaultFlowGenerator flowGenerator = new DefaultFlowGenerator();
>
>         RuleFlowProcess flow = flowGenerator.generateFlow( "flow" );
>         KnowledgeBuilder knowledgeBuilder =
> KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder();
>         knowledgeBuilder.add( flow.getResource() /* this is null */, null /*
> what do i put here*/ );
> Do I have to serialize to an external form and deserialize?
> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
> Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.
>
>  -- Unknown
>

> Thanks,
>
> Jason

> Jason van Zyl
> Founder,  Apache Maven
> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
> We know what we are, but know not what we may be.
>
>   -- Shakespeare

diego