[rules-users] Adding a programmatically created RuleFlowProcess to a KnowledgeBuilder

Jason van Zyl jason at maven.org
Thu Oct 21 10:33:52 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have been following the documentation to create a RuleFlowProcess, and I went the route of creating the flow programmatically, but I can't find an example of adding this process to the knowledge builder. It seems to want an external resource of a given type. In my little code scenario below how would I add this programmatically created RuleFlowProcess?

        DefaultFlowGenerator flowGenerator = new DefaultFlowGenerator();
        RuleFlowProcess flow = flowGenerator.generateFlow( "flow" );
        KnowledgeBuilder knowledgeBuilder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder();
        knowledgeBuilder.add( flow.getResource() /* this is null */, null /* what do i put here*/ );

Do I have to serialize to an external form and deserialize?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.

 -- Unknown

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

  -- Shakespeare