[rules-users] Error Inserting events into drools fusion stream

Pankaj Khattar pankaj.khattar1 at alcatel-lucent.com
Fri Oct 22 00:08:18 EDT 2010

Hi,

I am facing the same problem, i have read somewhere that we can use the same
session throughout the application but I'm unable to figure it how?

Also how can we insert events from my application into the same working
memory entry-point?

Below is the code I'm using please let me know if this is the right way to
do it

static StatefulKnowledgeSession session;

session  = knowledgeBase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession();
WorkingMemoryEntryPoint entryPoint =
session.getWorkingMemoryEntryPoint("NotificationStream");
entryPoint.insert(new MyReceivedEvent());
session.fireAllRules();

I'm calling the above code every time a new event is received. Also in the
finally block I'm calling session.dispose();

While inserting the 2nd event in entry-point I'm getting
org.drools.RuntimeDroolsException: Unexpected exception executing action
org.drools.reteoo.PropagationQueuingNode$PropagateAction at 9ff411  Caused by:
java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException.

Can anyone please let me know the right way to do it?