[rules-users] Error Inserting events into drools fusion stream

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 03:02:31 EDT 2010

This is more a Java question than a Drools specific problem.

You have several producers, running in threads, parallel or (more or less)
one
after the other. You have one consumer, the thread running the single
session.
Consuming consists of accepting the fact and inserting it into the session;
then
fireAllRules must be called; then the Consumer is ready for the next fact.

Look into java.util.concurrent. One object implementing BlockingQueue<?>
is what you need for communication between producers and the consumer.
You'll have to figure out the details, depending on the runtime parameters
of your application, i.e., arrival frequency, average processing time by the
Engine, etc.

-W