[rules-users] Drools Flow Remote API ?

magicalpig kingfelix at monarchy.com
Mon Oct 25 11:32:37 EDT 2010

I'm considering Drools Flow for a project that requires a workflow enactment
engine. One concern I have is how much effort it might take to make remote
calls to the engine. I plan on running the engine in its own JVM. I would
then like for servlets to talk to the engine, for instance to tell it that
Work Item XYZ has been completed successfully. It doesn't seem as though any
API is exposed for remote clients though. Would I have to write my own
interface which listens for the RMI calls from the servlets and then maps
them to calls to the native API of the Drools Flow engine?