[rules-users] Reuse statless session

Patrick van Kann pvankann at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 13:16:20 EDT 2010

I might be putting too simplistic an interpretation on this, but this is
what the Javadoc says for StatelessKnowledgeSession

"StatelessKnowledgeSession provides a convenience API, wrapping
StatefulKnowledgeSession. It avoids the need to call dispose(). Stateless
sessions do not support iterative insertions and fireAllRules from Java
code, the act of calling execute(...) is a single shot method that will
internally instantiate a StatefulKnowledgeSession, add all the user data and
execute user commands, call fireAllRules, and then call dispose()."

So I'm not sure why you just wouldn't just directly use a
StatefulKnowledgeSession instead of trying to re-use a stateless one. You
can then update the Facts via their handles and update or retract and
reinsert as needed.

Cheers,

Pat