[rules-users] Problem with importing DrlParser and XmlDumper classes.

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed Sep 1 06:00:56 EDT 2010

  On 01/09/2010 10:07, tom ska wrote:
> Hi,
> I have problem with importing and using DrlParser & XmlDumper classes.
> In Eclipse I get thoose communicate:
> "Discouraged access: The type DrlParser is not accessible due to
> restriction on required library [path hier]\drools-compiler.jar"
>
> I googled this problem (maybe not too long) but I haven't found a
> solution. I want to mark, that my Eclipse configuration is correct - I
> don't get error, but only warning. But this is annoying :) I tried to
> look in docs, but Drools 5.1 has no javadocs, and in Drools 5.0.'s
> javadocs there are no DrlParser and XmlDumper classes! Why? (In Drools
> 5.1. Expert User Guide 4.11.4 is written that Drools 5.1. uses those
> classes). I don't understand what's going on :)
The XML stuff is unmaintained, so few people used it and it was a lot of
work to do. Further more rather than pushing our own XML, we are waiting
on RuleML and will hopefully adopt that as the default xml storage format.

Tehre are Drools 5.1 docs. DrlParer and XmlDumper are considered
"internal" classes and as such don't get published in the main javadocs,
which is restrictied to drools-api. This allows us to provide a clear
delineation on what is supported and unlikely to change and what is
likely to change.
http://hudson.jboss.org/hudson/job/drools/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/target/javadocs/index.html

Mark