[rules-users] Getting rule's body to application.

Esteban Aliverti esteban.aliverti at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 08:17:36 EDT 2010

I'm not sure if you can decompile a rule to get its sources. When you are
using your rules, you are working with a binary representation of them. The
RETE algorithm doesn't know anything about the source code.
Guvnor uses another language to express rules (when you create them using
the guided editor), which is BRL. This is an xml representation of a rule.
Guvnor maintain the rules in BRL syntax in Jackrabbit repository. When
Guvnor compiles your package, the BRL is translated to DRL and then compiled
to PKG. But once the rule is compiled you can't go back.
If you have the DRL available, you can use the rule name from the
ConsequenceException to search for the source in the DRL. That is all I can
imagine. Maybe someone else have a better solution.

Best,

Esteban Aliverti
- Developer @ http://www.plugtree.com
- Blog @ http://ilesteban.wordpress.com