[rules-users] Memory management manual or automatic?

marton.bokor marton.bokor at gfthu.com
Tue Sep 7 08:41:51 EDT 2010

Hi,
If I have many processes (one starts every minute or so) and I pass
parameters as a map in startProcess and then I am inserting facts into the
working memory. These are local variables (both parameters and facts) in my
code which will eventually come out of scope when leaving their block and
will be garbage collected. I'm using one session for all process instances.
So my question is: when this happens, will the engine recognize this and
free the memory inside the flow or I need to perform manual cleanup like
retracting the fact etc. AFAIK a fact is just a pointer, but will it be
removed from the map by the engine? If so when?
Thanks,
Marton