[rules-users] Drools FLow Persistence and Sessions

Kris Verlaenen Kris.Verlaenen at cs.kuleuven.be
Tue Sep 7 22:25:04 EDT 2010

You yourself can decide how many sessions you want.  Sessions are rather
lightweight (so yes, you could simply create a new session for each
process instance) and simply act as an independent processing unit.

So then the question is, how many sessions do you normally need?  Well,
simple applications can easily run with only one session.  So all
process instances simply run in the same session.  If your application
scales or you have multiple applications, you could decide to create
separate sessions, for example for scalability reasons or simply for
making sure they work independently.  In some cases (for example when
you want to make sure process instances don't influence each other
unexpectedly or your process instances don't really run centralized but
rather locally embedded in your application), creating a new session for
each instance is valid as well.

Regarding persistence, multiple sessions can write to the same database,
or you can configure your sessions to write to different databases as
well.   All up to your preferences.

Kris