[rules-users] How to catch two (or more) strictly sequential events

Antonello Calabrò antonello.calabro.at.isti at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 12:30:55 EDT 2010

Dear all,
I'm trying to develope a cep system using drools and java.

On my system, I instantiated the drools engine in Stream mode
and catch my events (called SimpleEvents and composed by (String id, Long
timestamp, String data)) correctly.

Now I'm trying to create a rule able to match simple pattern like A -> B or
A -> B -> C

Using the feature "after", I am able to know if eventB is preceded by a
eventA .. but this rule match even the pattern: A -> .....(events of any
kind different from B)... -> B

Question:

There's a way to know when (if) eventA is strictly followed by eventB ?

Thanks in advance ;)

--Antonello