[rules-users] EntityManager is closed

drooRam rajeshram7 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 15:48:48 EDT 2010

Hi

 I am using the statefulknowledgesession with jpa persistence with
spring...exactly configured as per in the section : Example 2.5. JPA
configuration for StatefulKnowledgeSessions

http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/5.1.1.34858.FINAL/drools-introduction/html_single/index.html#d0e47

I am using, spring 3.0.3 release, hibernate 3.5.1, drools 5.1.1.  Spring is
closing the entity manager upon invoking ksession.startProcess()  and got
the exception "EntityManager is closed" ,

actually in drools, the class
org.drools.persistence.processinstance.persisters.JPAVariablePersister is
using entitymanager from cmd_scoped_entity_manager ( in my case, it is
org.hibernate.ejb.EntityManagerImpl)

but this is being closed by spring aop transaction surrounded on my calling
method for ksession.startProcess().

Any help would be appreciated... thx

I attached the complete stack trace of the exception in this message.

http://drools-java-rules-engine.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n1475301/exception.txt
exception.txt