[rules-users] garbage collected in process?

marton.bokor marton.bokor at gfthu.com
Tue Sep 21 05:44:18 EDT 2010

Ok, I've just found the following statement while browsing:

After the application finishes using the session, though, it must call the
dispose() method in order to free the resources and used memory.

Thus it seems that there is no auto garbage collection within a drools
session. From this it follows I guess that when isnerting different facts
for example inserting different process instances like in the example it
makes no sense to use one session for several processess since references to
these processes and other facts will never be removed. Thus in a multi
threaded application where several processes are spawned there should be a
separate session for each process and these should be tracked in a separate
list if for example there are wait nodes which may be called from different
threads. Is this correct? What can I use to identify a session in a
knowledge base? As I see there is a getId() function. Can this be used to
identify the session. Is it unique?