[rules-users] Drools Flow process question...

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 13:08:42 EDT 2010

That's because you are evaluating a Process Variable as a fact.. and it's
not a fact. You cannot do:
i : FooInstance(action == 'EDITING')
Because inside the working memory there is no FooInstance.
If you want to do that.. you should insert the FooInstance instead of
defining it as process variable.
You also has the possibility to evaluate ProcessVariables in rules.. for
that you should get the process variable from the WorkFlowProcessInstance.
Greetings

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 1:58 PM, bob.breitling <bob.breitling at rrd.com>wrote:

> Here is my object:
>
> package com.rrd.xspace.drools;
>
> import java.io.Serializable;
>
> public class FooInstance implements Serializable
> {
>        /**
>         *
>         */
>        private static final long serialVersionUID = 132337L;
>
>        private String action = "EDITING";
>
>        public FooInstance()
>        {
>        }
>
>        public String getAction() {
>                return action;
>        }
>
>        public void setAction(String action) {
>                this.action = action;
>        }
> }
>

> Here is my rf file:
>
> <process xmlns="http://drools.org/drools-5.0/process"
>         xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>         xs:schemaLocation="http://drools.org/drools-5.0/process
> drools-processes-5.0.xsd"
>         type="RuleFlow" name="Studio Sample Listener Flow"
> id="StudioSampleListener" package-name="com.rrd.xspace.drools" >
>
>  <header>
>    <variables>
>      <variable name="Instance" >
>        <type
> name="org.drools.process.core.datatype.impl.type.ObjectDataType"
> className="com.rrd.xspace.drools.FooInstance" />
>      </variable>
>    </variables>
>  </header>
>
>  <nodes>
>    <start id="1" name="Start" x="81" y="36" width="48" height="48" />
>    <end id="2" name="End" x="81" y="291" width="48" height="48" />
>    <ruleSet id="5" name="Validate" x="65" y="122" width="80" height="48"
> ruleFlowGroup="StudioSampleListenerValidate" />
>  </nodes>
>
>  <connections>
>    <connection from="5" to="2" />
>    <connection from="1" to="5" />
>  </connections>
>
> </process>
>

> Here is my drl file:
>
> package com.rrd.xspace.drools
>
> import com.rrd.xspace.drools.*;
> import com.rrd.xspace.data.levels.XMetaDataValue;
>
> import org.drools.runtime.process.ProcessInstance
> import org.drools.runtime.process.WorkflowProcessInstance
>
> rule "Test"
> ruleflow-group "StudioSampleListenerValidate"
>    when
>    then
>        System.out.println("GOT HERE FIRST");
>    end
>
> rule "StudioSampleListener"
> ruleflow-group "StudioSampleListenerValidate"
> agenda-group "MAIN"
>    when
>        processInstance : WorkflowProcessInstance()
>    then
>        System.out.println("GOT HERE");
>    end
>
> rule "StudioSampleListener Validate"
> ruleflow-group "StudioSampleListenerValidate"
> agenda-group "MAIN"
> [...]

 - CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -