[rules-users] Drools Flow process question...

bob.breitling bob.breitling at rrd.com
Mon Sep 27 13:23:50 EDT 2010

I tried inserting FooInstance as a fact but then it seems to have nothing to
do with the process.  In my second rule I am trying to get at the
WorkFlowProcess in my constraints but this rule will not consistantly fire.
It only seems to work when the Test run is there.

I found this in my log.

<org.drools.audit.event.RuleFlowVariableLogEvent>
  <variableId>Instance</variableId>
  <variableInstanceId>Instance</variableInstanceId>
  <objectToString>null</objectToString>
  <processId>StudioSampleListener</processId>
  <processName>Studio Sample Listener Flow</processName>
  <processInstanceId>0</processInstanceId>
  <type>32</type>
</org.drools.audit.event.RuleFlowVariableLogEvent>
<org.drools.audit.event.RuleFlowVariableLogEvent>
  <variableId>Instance</variableId>
  <variableInstanceId>Instance</variableInstanceId>

<objectToString>com.rrd.xspace.drools.FooInstance at 6a7e4127</objectToString>
  <processId>StudioSampleListener</processId>
  <processName>Studio Sample Listener Flow</processName>
  <processInstanceId>0</processInstanceId>
  <type>33</type>
</org.drools.audit.event.RuleFlowVariableLogEvent>

All the other log entries have processInstanceId 1.   This seems strange.

I modeled my test code after the example in the Drools JBoss Rules 5.0
Developer book and he seems to have variables that are access in constraints
of rules:

rule amountNotValid
ruleflow-group "validateLoan"
	when
		Loan(amount == null || amount < 0)
	then
		insert(new DefaultMessage());
end

And Loan was not inserted into the session, but is just a registered
variable.  Is the book's example worthless?

Bob