[rules-users] How to integrate Guvnor GUI in a test app

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 08:53:47 EDT 2010

Guvnor is seen as a standalone application and integrating (as in embedding)
it into another GUI would present certain challenges. Guvnor uses GWT which
itself uses extensive DHTML. I don't know how well a behaved a GWT
application would be in single browser window alongside other web content
(e.g. a portal) but I suspect it has little regard for screen real-estate.
It could potentially be embedded in an IFRAME.

I suspect most people integrate Guvnor into their other applications; which
normally server a different purpose to a Rule authoring\testing environment,
by using Guvnor's repository and rule publishing\deployment services where
from KnowledgeBases can be downloaded using a client-side (service consumer
side) KnowledgeAgent.

What were you wanting to achieve?