[rules-users] drools flow - why after reloading some process previously completed workItems gets executed once again?

gs76pl gstasica at pacemetrics.com
Wed Apr 6 11:38:58 EDT 2011

ok, you're right about the ht node i.e. once i completed the task using
reloaded sessionId the process has progressed to the next node.
The problem i have though is that i don't think it's enough (unless my
understanding is incorrect). Say for a process like below:

Start -> WorkItem1(takes 1 hour to complete) -> WorkItem2 (takes 20 min to
complete) -> HumanTask -> Stop

1. if my server crashes during WorkItem1 or WorkItem2 there is no way for me
to know that after my server has been restarted i should start the process
again (ok i could have some other table that would check if a process has
been completed)
2. if my server crashes after WorkItem1 but before completing WorkItem2 than
i don't really know how i should restart my process. Since WorkItem1 takes
1hour to complete it would be a total overkill for the application to run it
once again.

That said i'd assume that there should be some way of restarting a process
from a specific point i.e. as for point 2, the process should skip WorkItem1
and start to run WorkItem2. Otherwise only HumanTask are the nodes in a
process that could restart a process from a specific node

--
View this message in context: http://drools-java-rules-engine.46999.n3.nabble.com/drools-flow-why-after-reloading-some-process-previously-completed-workItems-gets-executed-once-again-tp2784850p2785544.html