[rules-users] execute particular rules programmatically and dynamically

Robert Christenson rac at akc.org
Thu Apr 14 17:14:44 EDT 2011

I will concede that we had discussed an AgendaFilter only recently and a prototype did prove successful.

It may not be ideal and based on this thread I'm challenging my team for a pure rule solution.

Our specific issue is that the rules need to activate both when a field is tabbed off in a GUI, but also as a result of a higher-level validation of all data within our larger dog show event.  In this case, if I added specific logic to the rule, how/when could the rule activate when the overall event is submitted to the session?  Perhaps Context( (action == all) || (action == taboff, fieldsAffected contains field1)

I viewed the filter as a direct way to allow the activations to be filtered (in the case of taboff, keep only the rules affected by the field)

I would welcome any suggestions, I'm still trying to learn as much as I can.

Sorry for the smell.

-bob