[rules-users] execute particular rules programmatically and dynamically

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 01:53:37 EDT 2011

Not sure how you represent the Fields, I guess they are facts. Then what
you've suggested is the usual approach, which I'm reducing to
   TabSingle( $field: field )
   Field( this == field,...)

If you have events with multiple fields, you can split this up
when
   TabMultiple( $fields: fields )
   $field: Field( this memberOf fields )
then
   insert( new TabSingle( $field ) );
end

And I'm sure you can guess how the "overall" event should work.

There is an ongoing discussion whether it is better to have many rules,
i.e., one for each field with all the parameters coded into it, or only a
few, e.g., one per type of checking action with parameters coming from a
matched Parameter fact.

-W