[rules-users] Searching a list - Is Drools the answer?

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 04:05:29 EDT 2011

It's possible that putting the "constants" into rules will result in a rule
building process that's more complex than what you need to do if this data
is in facts. Notice that your Object_1 has to participate in (at least)
three different matching scenarios, which is a simple thing for a fact, but
may need three rules if FirstName and LastName are literals in rules.

A (serially) reusable Stateful Session would need to be set up with the 10k
facts. A search request enters an object, produces results, and retracts the
request; then the session is ready for the next request. (The N threads you
are talking about results from some overall application context?)

Regards
Wolfgang