[rules-users] Test Scenarion in guvnor does not give me correct results

navneet.singh navneet.singh2006 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 02:47:06 EDT 2011

Hi,

I have created a decision table, using drools guvnor, which has some
condition columns, which is dependent on fact named "Feature", which has
columns defined under "Fact Field" column in below table, and its respective
values

Name                       Data Type            Fact Field
Operator    Value
Surface Area             Decimal number     surface_area
==         48
Flatness Deviation      Decimal number     flatness_deviation
==        0.8
Surface Finish min      Decimal number     surface_finish
>=        0.8
Surface Finish max     Decimal number     surface_finish
<=        0.8
Material Name           Text                    material
==        ALUMINIUM
Material Fraction        Decimal number     material_fraction
==        32

Action column gives an output, a fact of type "Process", as an output with
following details
Name                       Data Type            Fact Field            Value
Process Name            Text                    Name
Magnesium Tooling Plate

I've crated a test scenario in which I insert a fact of type Feature, with
values which do not match any of the condition columns (I feed in wrong
values just to check if the test fails), but the test runs successfully.
When I click the show events button, I can see that the rule from decision
table has not been fired.

Can anyone please help me understand what is happening here.

Thanks in advance.

Navneet Singh