[rules-users] Need help setting up Drools Server using Maven

kkelleyjr karl.kelley.jr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 17:45:53 EDT 2011

If it is not completely apparent by the subject line I am a complete noob to
Drools and Maven...

I have done a lot of reading and I think the Drools Server exposed through
soap will work for my design...

I have found some material to get me started, but I am perplexed by a very
simple issue...

Using Maven what archetype do I use to set-up the project... Using that
archetype how to set-up the packages under the archetype... And where do I
get the dependences for the drools server to set-up the server with spring
configuration... (Yes I am a noob to spring also)

I could hack at it and surely get some format to work... But I do not want
to find out later that the set-up does not grow with the project... So what
are some best practices... I have looked and can not find them or if I did
find them I am to much of a noob to understand them...

The project will have clients of the Drools Server service.
The project will have Java classes fired by the rules. These classes may
have to become exposed web services later, I just don't know yet...

Thanks for any advice, sorry for the noob post... I have just run out of
ideas to get this off the ground...