[rules-users] Need help setting up Drools Server using Maven

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:05:31 EDT 2011

Hi There,
The Drools Server is a Web Application. So you basically download it and
deploy it inside your servlet container like tomcat/jetty.
You don't need any architype for this task.
After you deploy the Drools Server you can get the WSDL exposed to create
your clients. Or you can test the interaction using SOAP UI.
Take a look at this posts that explain the first steps using Drools Server:
http://salaboy.wordpress.com/2011/04/05/drools-in-real-life-droolsjbpm5-server-first-steps/

It's a step to step tutorial.
Greetings.

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 6:45 PM, kkelleyjr <karl.kelley.jr at gmail.com> wrote:

> If it is not completely apparent by the subject line I am a complete noob
> Drools and Maven...
>
> I have done a lot of reading and I think the Drools Server exposed through
> soap will work for my design...
>
> I have found some material to get me started, but I am perplexed by a very
> simple issue...
>
> Using Maven what archetype do I use to set-up the project... Using that
> archetype how to set-up the packages under the archetype... And where do I
> get the dependences for the drools server to set-up the server with spring
> configuration... (Yes I am a noob to spring also)
>
> I could hack at it and surely get some format to work... But I do not want
> to find out later that the set-up does not grow with the project... So what
> are some best practices... I have looked and can not find them or if I did
> find them I am to much of a noob to understand them...
>
> The project will have clients of the Drools Server service.
> The project will have Java classes fired by the rules. These classes may
> have to become exposed web services later, I just don't know yet...
>
> Thanks for any advice, sorry for the noob post... I have just run out of
> ideas to get this off the ground...

 - CTO @ http://www.plugtree.com
 - Co-Founder @ http://www.jbug.com.ar

 - Salatino "Salaboy" Mauricio -