[rules-users] Need help setting up Drools Server using Maven

kkelleyjr karl.kelley.jr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:25:59 EDT 2011

Thanks for the response:

I have actually already read this post and done the tutorial... I posted on
your blog about the test.jsp... It worked great... Well, once I figured out
what I was doing...

Thank you for the blog... Looking forward to the stateful post... Because
that is what I really need...  I think...

This is what generated my question, kinda... So, I deploy the drools
server... Do I create a project in eclipse so that I can add new rules
resources... Then I had the question of, where do I put code that will be
triggered by rules...

So, do I just import the deployed drools server into an eclipse project and
add to the project then re-package the changes and deploy to tomcat?... If
this is the case how do I do I import this as a project and what is the
folder structure where I should add the java code to be triggered by my
rules?

Or I was thinking that I have to bring the drools server into my project so
that maven updates automagically as new drools server updates are
deployed...

In either case, what is the correct folder structure to start adding the
code I need for my project...

Hopefully, this makes sense... If not I will try to clarify...

Thank you for your input...