[rules-users] Drools Performance

Sumeet Karawal sumeet.karawal at tcs.com
Wed Apr 27 06:52:47 EDT 2011

Thanks Michael for the help. But, is there any benchmark or a rough figure
like number of hits or number of rule fired per minute, for normal
performance.

Regards,
Sumeet Karawal

Mailto: sumeet.karawal at tcs.com

  From:       Michael Anstis <michael.anstis at gmail.com>

  To:         Rules Users List <rules-users at lists.jboss.org>

  Date:       04/27/2011 04:13 PM

  Subject:    Re: [rules-users] Drools Performance

  Sent by:    rules-users-bounces at lists.jboss.org

If you use a stateless session per transaction you should generally be OK.

How much lag you're likely to encounter is a much harder question to
answer: how well does your database retrieval scale, would this present an
issue before the rules engine?

The rules engine is "just a POJO library" the overall scalability would IMO
depend upon your application's architecture.