[rules-users] Drools Performance

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Wed Apr 27 07:49:07 EDT 2011

On 27/04/2011 11:52, Sumeet Karawal wrote:

> Thanks Michael for the help. But, is there any benchmark or a rough figure
> like number of hits or number of rule fired per minute, for normal
> performance.
I can write one rule that runs much slower than something with 1000
rules. So we suggest people do their own real life proof of concepts and
see if they run fast enough.

We tend to avoid benchmarking only because it ends up a focus point
between competitors and all of them cheat making the exercise pointless.

MArk