[rules-users] a newbi question

wutongjoe wutongjoe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 04:02:36 EDT 2011

hello all,

I am a newbi on Drools and started my test work with a modified exapmle
included in drools v4.0.7.The compiled drl from a very simple modified  xls
file is like the follwing :

----------------------code-----------------------
package org.drools.examples.decisiontable;
#generated from Decision Table
import org.apache.commons.lang.time.DateUtils;
import java.util.Date;
#From row number: 11
rule "Pricing bracket_11"

	when
		DateUtils.SEMI_MONTH==1001
	then
		policy.setBasePrice(9999999);
end
-------------------------code---------------------

but I got an exception stack when trying to addPackage after compile :

--------------stack----------------
Exception in thread "Main Thread" org.drools.rule.InvalidRulePackage:
[9,22]: unknown:9:22 mismatched token: [@46,221:222='==',<76>,9:22];
expecting type LEFT_PAREN
	at org.drools.rule.Package.checkValidity(Package.java:424)
	at org.drools.common.AbstractRuleBase.addPackage(AbstractRuleBase.java:394)
	at
org.drools.examples.PricingRuleDTExample.buildRuleBase(PricingRuleDTExample.java:67)
	at
org.drools.examples.PricingRuleDTExample.executeExample(PricingRuleDTExample.java:38)
	at
org.drools.examples.PricingRuleDTExample.main(PricingRuleDTExample.java:26)

yes,I was trying to test the usage of org.apache.commons.lang.time.DateUtils
inside a xls file,but it seemed something went wrong.Can someone tell me
what caused the exception? thanks a lot