[rules-users] Off to a very bad start - please help

ronalbury ronalbury at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 20:12:47 EDT 2011

I downloaded droosljbpm-tools-distribution-5.2.0.Final and installed the
plugins in eclipse.

I downloaded droolsjbpm-integration-distribution-5.2.0.Final and imported
the example project into eclipse (Helios) per instructions in the
ReadMeDroolsjbpmintegration.txt file.  I used the first
mechanism(File/Import) rather than the second (which required m2eclipse
plugin).

The project is full of errors, and none of the java files would compile.
There were no class files generated.

I created a Drools project from scratch.  I copied the src directory from
the example into the new project.  The java files now compile and the errors
are gone, however something is wrong because it can't find any of the drl
files.  Also, src/main/resources is not showing in the project tree.

I believe that I have followed the directions to the letter (in the first
case), and took a wild stab (in the second case) and I am still at the
starting point.

Won't someone please help me (and shouldn't the ReadMe file be fixed so
others don't have this problem)

Thanks
   Ron