[rules-users] Insert a fact into drools server from a web application or java application

kkelleyjr karl.kelley.jr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 18:31:00 EDT 2011

No I did not use xjc to create the classes from an XML structure... I had
code that was working and I wanted to create a web based client or an
application to add fact to my drools server...

I did print out what is being marshaled...

<batch-execution lookup="ksession1">
    <insert disconnected="false" return-object="true"
out-identifier="testFact">

            <msg>blah</msg>

    </insert>
    <fire-all-rules max="-1"/>
</batch-execution>

the object:
public class Message {
	String msg;

	public String getMsg() {
		return msg;
	}

	public void setMsg(String msg) {
		this.msg = msg;
	}

}

This object is a little different from the original post... The reason is
that when I get this thing to work I am going to do some documentation and
create a end-to-end beginner example... Because, I can not find a full
example to help me through this... and I will give it to you guys...

I will keep working, and any advice on what to try is appreciated...

Thanks