[rules-users] source of activity listener log entries

lhorton LHorton at ABCLegal.com
Tue Aug 16 19:57:28 EDT 2011

In my application that drives the rules engine, I have created my own
SystemEventListener that writes to my application log4j log file.  I also
have also created my own AgendaEventListener to log to log4j, and have added
it to my stateless knowledge sessions.  This is working fine and the
expected log entries show up in the correct application log.

However, there are also things being logged to my tomcat server log
(catalina.out).  The entries look like this:

ACTIVATION CREATED rule:JobWorkflowRepeat activationId:JobWorkflowRepeat [2]
declarations: $daemon=Thread[Thread-29,5,main](2)
OBJECT ASSERTED value:Thread[Thread-29,5,main] factId: 2
BEFORE ACTIVATION FIRED rule:JobWorkflowRepeat
activationId:JobWorkflowRepeat [2] declarations:
$daemon=Thread[Thread-29,5,main](2)
AFTER ACTIVATION FIRED rule:JobWorkflowRepeat activationId:JobWorkflowRepeat
[2] declarations: $daemon=Thread[Thread-29,5,main](2)

I would like to get control over these log entries, to suppress some and to
route others to my application log.  Where are these coming from?  I have
not explicitly set up any listeners other than the ones I specified above.
I don't remember seeing these entries before 5.2.0.

thanks for any advice.