[rules-users] Using JBPM 5 with Container Managed Persistence

Nicolas LE BAS mail at nlebas.net
Tue Aug 23 07:55:26 EDT 2011

Hi,

Container Managed Persistence refers to Entity Beans, and there are no
Entity Beans anymore in EJB3. So I assume you're refering to Container
Managed Transactions.

The transaction needs to be started after the StatefulKnowledgeSession
has been created; so with CMT you would need to create the session
before the EJB is called. But since the EJB itself is creating the
session, I can think of no standard way to do that as of JavaEE 6. Even
an interceptor should be called after the transaction has begun with CMT.

Probably the easiest for you would be to create an EJB3 interceptor that
deals with the boilerplate (creates/disposes the session and
starts/commits/rolls back the transaction).

Hope this helps,
Nick