[rules-users] Quotes in decision tables are escaped

kennywest kenneth.westelinck at telenet.be
Wed Aug 24 08:19:35 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I am experiencing the problem that is described here:
http://efreedom.com/Question/1-4874717/Drools-Rules-Quotes-Auto-Escape-Compile-Time

>From what I can see, this has nothing to do with guvnor, since I am using XL
decision tables without Guvnor. I have an XL where I have an action column
that looks like this:
row x     : ACTION
row x +1: = empty row =
row x + 2: StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
                sb.append($param)
row x + 3: Perform some action
row x + 4: $a.get("test")
What this should do is compile it to a DRL file with the following portion:
StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
sb.append($a.get("test"));

However, this gets translated to:
StringBuilder sb = new StringBuilder();
sb.append($a.get(\"test\"));
... which is wrong. Any ideas why this is happening? (using drools 5.2.0
final)