[rules-users] (no subject)

Esteban Aliverti esteban.aliverti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 08:43:56 EDT 2011

About the duplicated $s varaible, is because you have 2 DIFFERENT conditions
saying $s:Student (same thing for $c)
The rules you have there are translated to (when age field has a value):

when
     $s:Student (age == 18)  //if age value was 18
     $s:Student (mark == 20")
     $c:College (ranking == "85 A")
     $c:College (location == "Delhi")

If you want to "join" constraint about Student and constraint about
Collegues to get something like:

when
     $s:Student (age == 18, mark == 20")
     $c:College (ranking == "85 A", location == "Delhi")

you will need to merge the 2 cells containing $s:Student and the 2 cells
containing $c:College. This way is how you tell drools that you want to
define 1 condition with multiple constraints instead of multiple condition
with one constraint each.

Best Regards,

Esteban Aliverti
- Developer @ http://www.plugtree.com