[rules-users] resource Allocation in Drools planner

tzimis jimisharris at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 14:49:49 EDT 2011

Hi I’m newbie so be generous. I’m dealing with a project for a cloud system
and I have a cp problem so any advice how to deal with it will be helpful.
 Suppose that we have 5 machines each machine has the properties below:
• Sec_level: level of security that offers.
 • Max_CPU: Max cpu resources that offers
• Max_Ram: Max ram resources that offers
 • Max_HD: Max Storage resources that offers •
 Max_Net: Max Bandwidth resources that offers
Then suppose that we have 20 VMs that must allocated to these machines Every
VM has these demands:
• Min_sec_level: The minimum sec level of the machine that can service this
vm
• CPU: the cpu resources that demands
• Ram: ram resources that demands
• HD: storage resources that demands
 • Net: resources that demands. We can have a solution where few Vms aren’t
allocated but the allocated Vms must have bigger priority than the
unallocated. Can anybody help me by giving me few advices hot to cope with
this problem???