[rules-users] resource Allocation in Drools planner

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 03:04:41 EDT 2011

Have you taken a look at the CloudBalance example of Drools Planner?
   http://vimeo.com/25902052
It includes max cpu, max memory and max network bandwith.

Just open the download zip (take 5.3.0.Beta1, much better gui for that
example),
then run examples/runExamples.sh or .bat
and pick "CloudBalance".
Take a look at the sources under examples/sources.

Op 29-08-11 20:49, tzimis schreef:
> Hi I’m newbie so be generous. I’m dealing with a project for a cloud system
> and I have a cp problem so any advice how to deal with it will be helpful.
>   Suppose that we have 5 machines each machine has the properties below:
> • Sec_level: level of security that offers.
>   • Max_CPU: Max cpu resources that offers
> • Max_Ram: Max ram resources that offers
>   • Max_HD: Max Storage resources that offers •
>   Max_Net: Max Bandwidth resources that offers
> Then suppose that we have 20 VMs that must allocated to these machines Every
> VM has these demands:
> • Min_sec_level: The minimum sec level of the machine that can service this
> vm
> • CPU: the cpu resources that demands
> • Ram: ram resources that demands
> • HD: storage resources that demands
>   • Net: resources that demands. We can have a solution where few Vms aren’t
> allocated but the allocated Vms must have bigger priority than the
> unallocated. Can anybody help me by giving me few advices hot to cope with
> this problem???

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet