[rules-users] Working memory batch insert performance

Vincent Legendre vincent.legendre at eurodecision.com
Tue Dec 20 09:00:39 EST 2011

There is a recent post on "poor performance from a simple join" that
highligths almost the same questions : because "insert" trigger RETE
propagation, time to insert depends on rules complexity.

May be you can start by looking at your rules to optimise them (see the

If it is still too long, may be you can cut your data in smaller groups.
The main problem here is to be able to cut the data into pertinent
groups according to rules (problems can happend if you have some
accumulates, or exists, or not .... If you only have simple filters, you
can cut your data where your want. If your rules are reasonning with
global existence or lack for a fact, then you must ensure that, for
example, a "not MyFact()" is true because the fact does not exists at
all, and not only because it is not part of the chunk ...).