[rules-users] Rules Hello Evalution

Mauricio Salatino salaboy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 12:27:23 EST 2011

no.. the first option
Looks for two instances of Party() and the second just for one
instance of Party()

No, if you bind a variable inside a Pattern, the $e variable in your
case will contain only the errors from the party that matches.
The second rule will evaluate two instances of Parties, that means
that if you have more than one Party instance inside your working
memory, a cross product will be generated with all the possibilities,
causing more activations that the ones that you need.

Using two patterns is similar to do in sql
select * from party and joining that with select * from party

Cheers