[rules-users] Rules Hello Evalution

freejava freejava3 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 12:53:23 EST 2011

Thanks for the explanation. I think I got it.

Here is my scenario: I have n number of parties in the memory. I have to
perform the validation on each party for the party type. If it fails then
add an error message(just one) to the collection of that particular party.

So I rewrote the rule as below

rule "041"
        when
        Party(partyType != null, partyType.trim() != "",
                        partyType not in ("MF", "SE", "BY", "ST", "LG",
"CS", "CN"), $e : dentificationGrp.errors)
    then
      appendMessage($e, drools)
end

Now I have two objects :
p1 : Party(partyType=*"SE *", List<String> errors) and p2 :
Party(partyType=*"CS "* ,List<String> errors);

After consequence is fired both p1 and p2 has 2 error message of type "041".
where as the expected result should be 1 error message for p1 and p2. How
can I acheive that ?