[rules-users] Running rules from the past

Celso Junior celsogbj at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 12:06:54 EST 2011

Hi folks,

I work at a bank and I am currently studying the best way to use JBoss
Rules so that it fits our needs. Our loan analysis process can take several
months depending on the type of the loan. Although our business rules can
evolve, a loan must follow the rules valid at the time the loan application
was made.

In order to attend this requirement I thought about storing at the database
the name of the current snapshot with the loan application data, so that it
will possible run this rules in the future without freezing my rule
database.

* Is there a better way to attend this requirement?

* How can I retrieve meta information from a snapshot, such as the date
when the snapshot was created?

Thanks in advance,

Celso