[rules-users] Running rules from the past

Ansgar Konermann ansgar.konermann at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 26 12:14:34 EST 2011

Am 26.12.2011 18:08 schrieb "Celso Junior" <celsogbj at gmail.com>:

> Hi folks,
>
> I work at a bank

Me too (sort of)

> and I am currently studying the best way to use JBoss Rules so that it
fits our needs. Our loan analysis process can take several months depending
on the type of the loan. Although our business rules can evolve, a loan
must follow the rules valid at the time the loan application was made.

> In order to attend this requirement I thought about storing at the
database the name of the current snapshot with the loan application data,
so that it will possible run this rules in the future without freezing my
rule database.

> * Is there a better way to attend this requirement?

Don't use snapshots. Release your rules and store the rules' release number
with the loan application data in your database.