[rules-users] Usage of completeMoveTabuSize

Patrik Dufresne ikus060 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 11:33:49 EST 2011

Hi,

I've try to use the completeMoveTabuSize for my problem and I come to
realize it's not working properly. To make sure, I've check it's usage in
the smart Travelling Tournament. It's look like, the hashCode function it
not well implement.

Here my comprehension of the completeMoveTabuSize functionnality :
When completeMoveTabuSize sets to 7, the last 7 moves are consider Tabu. So
the accept chance of the last 7 moves should be 0.0.

To check the tabu, the acceptor use a HashMap and so the hashCode of the
last 7 moves are used to speed up the comparison. In the smart travelling
tournament, the implementation of hashCode is wrong since it's include the
hashCode of the planning-entity which change over time.

May someone confirm this ??

To figure it out, I add a breakpoint in the equals function of the Move
object (and it's never called).

--
Patrik Dufresne