[rules-users] DSL/DSLR question

Rob Fisher rob.fisher.l2gk at statefarm.com
Thu Dec 29 11:43:19 EST 2011

I have a question given the following code:

Inserted fact setter method:
public void setqrpQualRule6(String qrpQualRule6) {
		qrpQualRule6 = qrpQualRule6;
	}

DSL
[consequence][]Write {AttributeName} on {objectVarName} as
{customCode}=modify ({objectVarName})  \{{AttributeName}={customCode} \};

DSLR
rule "test rule 1"
	dialect "mvel"
when
             ThereIsQrpRuleFlagData called QrpFlags
	- where $var04 is QrpQualFlagRule6 and is equal to "N"
then
    	Write QrpQualFlagRule6 on QrpFlags as "Y"

DRL Translation
modify (QrpFlags)  {qrpQualRule6="Y" };

Question....Does Drools create the "get" behind the scenes?  I'm guessing
yes, because the rule is firing and the qrpQualRule6 attribute is getting
set to "Y".