[rules-users] How to obtain the timestamp of an event if I don't use an @timestamp attribute?

OlliSee o.roess at seeburger.de
Tue Feb 8 04:03:52 EST 2011

I have got another useful case.

I have two rules which build upon a situation which is modeled by a
StartEvent and an EndEvent.

When the end of the situation is detected by a rule, it will consume both
events (=retract). This is necessary because the rule would match too often.
But I have other rules which depend on the situation. So I thought, I insert
a "history event" which captures the duration of the situation in an
interval. So I need the timestamp of both events so I can create this
history event with timestamp of the StartEvent and duration of EndEvent.ts -
StartEvent.ts .

I think thats a valid case :)