[rules-users] Dynamic Fact Types

Mark Proctor mproctor at codehaus.org
Fri Feb 11 02:36:29 EST 2011

On 10/02/2011 13:52, jwillans2 wrote:
> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Many thanks again for your response (I very much appreciate your
> comprehensive replies to my questions, it is helping me get a clearer idea
> of what is possible with Drools and the best approach to architecting
> applications using it).    It is a shame that Fact Templates have not been
> more comprehensively incorporated into the Type Declaration mechanism.
We decided to develop pojo generated beans as a priority over fact
templates. the main reason for this is they "just work". FactTemplates
were requiring a lot of work to be done the parser for them to be
seamlessly integrated.

We've done a lot of work on the parser that may make FactTemplates
practical again, but it's a low priority work. The only reason I can
think to even persue them is for dynamic type systems in environments
that don't allow runtime bytecode generation.

Mark