[rules-users] [Planner] Travelling Salesman

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 04:32:34 EST 2011

You might be disabling "delta score calculation" with your score rules:

https://github.com/triceo/DroolingTSP/blob/master/src/main/rules/tspScoreRules.drl
Read

http://downloads.jboss.com/drools/docs/5.1.1.34858.FINAL/drools-planner/html_single/index.html#d0e1530

Simulated annealing doesn't work well when it's difficult to find
solutions which have no hard constraints broken.
I am investing at a fix for that.

Mix in a course-grained MoveFactory (but keep the current one too).

Have you tried the benchmarker to try different tabu search
configurations against each other?
Property tabu 5 or 7 and Move tabu 7 or 11 usually work well.

HTH

--
With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet